A week of events to increase visibility of the university’s energy use, research and opportunity to shape a clean energy future.
- Energy Week Solar Brunch featuring free waffles and smoothies made using solar power.
- Energy and Textiles (video recap) activation event showcasing how NC State’s favorite fan gear is made using recycled plastic bottles.
- Sustainable Wolfpack Football Game promoting energy conservation via the Sustainable Wolfpack Pledge, Energy and Textiles activation in the Fan Zone, and encouraging fans to ride the Red Terror and recycle their cans/bottles with the stadium’s Zero Waste Wolfpack program.
- Energy Research Spark Talks showcasing student energy-related research in a 3-minute lightning talk competition.
- Nuclear Energy 101 (recording) discussing the future of clean energy.
- Centennial Campus Utility Plan Tour providing a behind-the-scenes look at how NC State generates power on-site.
- Electric Vehicle Showcase celebrating National Drive Electric Week with an EV car show and test drive.
- The Future of Clean Transportation in North Carolina featuring Jennifer Weiss, senior advisor for climate change policy with the NC Department of Transportation, presenting the vision of the state’s 2022 Transportation Plan.
- Centennial Social Hour networking event to learn about new energy-focused projects and relax with colleagues.
- Schaub Food Science Building Tour showcasing how the Facilities Division Commissioning Team optimizes mechanical systems to save money and reduce carbon emissions.
Learn more about energy at NC State:
Previous Energy Week Events
- A/V Geeks at the Hunt Library: Last Time We Were Green: Clean Energy: NC State alumnus and founder of A/V Geeks Skip Elsheimer joined representatives from NC State’s Sustainability Office to screen and discuss vintage educational films about alternative energy sources.
- Energy Systems Modeling with High Performance Computing Resources: Dr. Joseph DeCarolis highlights ongoing work using an open source energy system optimization model developed at NC State.
- Entrepreneurship in the Energy Sector: Do You Have Watt It Takes?: Panel discussion with energy entrepreneurs about their industry and careers in clean energy startups.
- Energy Week Virtual Zine: Browse the NC State Energy Week Zine inspired by the question “What does energy mean to you?”
- Power For People: A Just Energy Future: Energy fuels life as we know it. But for all the benefits energy provides to our society, the process of generating energy comes at increasing cost, particularly in the communities where energy infrastructure is built.
- Pitch Contest Finale: The live finale of NC State’s Energy Week Pitch Competition.
- Sustainable Finance Strategy: Poole College alum Ramsay Huntley leads Sustainable Finance Strategy at Wells Fargo.
Contact email@example.com for more information or questions.