- Phone: 919-513-1896
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Varsity Research Building 1216
- Website: http://www.nccleantech.ncsu.edu
Stephen S. Kalland, Executive Director of the North Carolina Clean Energy Technology Center, has over 25 years of experience in the renewable energy and energy efficiency fields. The NC Clean Energy Technology Center advances a sustainable energy economy by educating, demonstrating and providing support for clean energy technologies, practices, and policies. Steve directs the Center and its programs, including activities ranging from technical assistance to economic development, public policy, and workforce development. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the N.C. Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA) and is a past board member of the Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC), N.C. GreenPower, and the U.S. Combined Heat and Power Association (USCHPA). He is also on the Advisory Boards of the Research Triangle CleanTech Cluster (RTCC) and the Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI), based in Washington, DC. Previously, Steve served as project manager with McNeil Technologies, Inc. of Springfield, VA and as the director for Government Relations and Grid-Tied Markets at Xantrex Technology, Inc. (formerly Trace Engineering, now part of Schneider Electric). Steve is a former executive director of the Maryland-DC-Virginia Solar Energy Industries Association (MDV-SEIA), the regional chapter of the national Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA). Before that, he was the director of State Programs and Policy Analysis at the national SEIA. Steve graduated in 1991 from the College of William and Mary in Virginia and in 1993 he received a Master of Science in Public Policy Analysis from the University of Rochester (NY).
- Community Solar Access for Low and Moderate-Income Utility Customers and Achieving Resilience Benefits Through Utility Solar + Storage Deployment in Low-Income Communities
- Analysis of Utility Operating Reserves to Balance Solar PV on NC Grid
- NC Offshore Wind Supply Chain & Infrastructure Assessment Outreach
- Clean Energy Plan
- Planning an Affordable, Resilient, and Sustainable Grid in North Carolina
- Support for County Workshops and "50 States Publication"
- Clean Energy Opportunities Project: Clean Energy Manufacturing and Services States and Regional Roadmaps for the Southeast
- American Jobs Project
- Southeast Wind Energy Resource Center Stakeholder Engagement Plan
- DOE Southeast Combined Heat and Power Technical Assistance Partnership