Centers and institutes provide the means, the foundation, and the impetus, to engage students, faculty and private industry to help test ideas, conduct research, and galvanize partnerships to ensure the creation of solutions for some of our toughest global energy challenges.
Centers and institutes often enlist the assistance of other university collaborators, private industry partners, as well as state and federal agencies with an interest in facilitating a solutions-based approach; be it renewable or clean energy technologies, nuclear energy infrastructure, transportation or wide bandgap semiconductor technologies, centers and institutes are the catalysts for such innovations.
- Advanced Self Powered Systems of Sensors and Technologies Center
- Center for Dielectrics and Piezoelectrics
- Center for Nuclear Energy Facilities and Structures
- NC Clean Energy Technology Center
- Future Renewable Electric Energy Delivery and Management (FREEDM) Systems Center
- Institute for Transportation Research and Education
- Nuclear Reactor Program
- Silicon Solar Research Center
- PowerAmerica Institute